Welcome to Ronin Fitness, a group of athletes thinking "outside the box"

Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 5th 2012

Rest Day

"All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking."
-Freidrich Nietzsche

Go for a walk today, by yourself, and think. You could think about the challenges you must overcome this week, re-evaluate goals, friends, family, loved ones...or just the rest day question below. Whatever it is, just walk and reflect on things. You'll feel better for it.

Rest Day Question:
What is your current number one fitness goal and what are you doing to achieve it? (Ex: Do a muscle up, 100 unbroken double unders, deadlift X lbs, sub-X mile run.....)

3 comments:

  1. I think everyone knows my #1 goal of the moment....Yes, you got it.....a pull up! I am working hard to achieve this goal. Whenever I visit a CF box, I practice kipping and I use the red band in wods or I start with a red band and switch to a purple/blue band if there are numerous reps (for example, 100). At Ronin, I am working on jumping pull ups and holding the pull up for a few seconds before slowly lowering myself for the next one. This movement has improved greatly in the past few weeks. I am getting closer....I will get there! I appreciate everyone's constant support and guidance as I work towards this goal! I also appreciate that Jag brings her crate to Ronin so I can reach the bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to get 100+ double unders in a row! The highest so far has been 89! I practice them almost everyday! Lately, I have been running a few miles then doing 100-200 doubles. (Shout out to Matt for the idea!) I hope to get 100 (or more) by the end of August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To tell the truth, I do not have a goal. I am motivated by not wanting the be a fat mom and a bad example for Matt. But, as for a goal, blank slate. I'll have to think about that and maybe set one--doubt it.

    ReplyDelete